Saturday, December 5, 2009

53. The Hour I First Believed


This book is not an easy read. 723 pages, most of them heart wrenching. I'm glad I finished it, and it is certainly well written, but really, as such a heavy read I'm not sure I'd recommend it. It's raw and emotional and, just tough.

Most of the reviews and descriptions give a lot more detail but I'm sticking with just what the book jacket says:

When high school teacher Caelum Quirk and his wife Maureen, a school nurse, move to Littleton, Colorado they both get jobs at Columbine High School. In April 1999, while Caelum is away, Maureen finds herself in the library at Columbine, cowering in a cabinet and expecting to be killed. Miraculously, she survives, but at a cost: she is unable to recover from the trauma. When Caelum and Maureen flee to an illusion of safety on the Quirk family's Connecticut farm, they discover that the effects of chaos are not easily put right, and further tradgey ensues.

If you want to know more, just go to B&N and read the overview. And if you do want to read it I own it and you are welcome to borrow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment