Sunday, April 5, 2009

14. Long Lost


So I read this one accidentally today at B&N. I have it on reserve from the library and was trying to wait patiently for it to come in. But I grabbed it off the shelf with a few other books to flip through while I ate lunch at the Cafe today and then next thing I knew I was a hundred pages in and at that point... yeah, there was no stopping.

It was a good read... Myron's character has shifted over the years and the stories have become a lot more intense and actually remind me more of Coben's stand alone books in that way. They still have a lot of humor and, well, generally are just a good read. So yeah, I definitely recommend this one and, if you wouldn't mind buying it that might get my friend off my case for being a 'freeloader' and reading it in the store. :)

Here's the description from B&N:

Myron Bolitar hasn't heard from Terese Collins since their torrid affair ended ten years ago, so her desperate phone call from Paris catches him completely off guard. In a shattering admission, Terese reveals the tragic story behind her disappearance-her struggles to get pregnant, the greatest moment of her life when her baby was born . . . and the fatal accident that robbed her of it all: her marriage, her happiness and her beloved only daughter.

Now a suspect in the murder of her ex-husband in Paris, Terese has nowhere else to turn for help. Myron heeds the call. But then a startling piece of evidence turns the entire case upside down, laying bare Terese's long-buried family secrets . . . and the very real possibility that her daughter may still be alive.

In grave danger from unknown assailants in a country where nothing is as it seems, Myron and Terese race to stay a step ahead of Homeland Security, Interpol, and Mossad. Soon they are working at breakneck pace, not only to learn what really happened to Terese's long-lost little girl-but to uncover a sinister plot with shocking global implications.

No comments:

Post a Comment